Karen is passionate about the volunteers in Town and serve on man organizations that are not directly connected to serving as a council member. The volunteers are the driving force that allowed them, together, to build a new Veteran’s building in 2012–an exceptional tribute to heroes who have served. They partner every year support valley organizations that share the costs and personnel to:
- sponsor an annual parade that draws 30,000 proud Americans
- encourage children’s sense of community through scouting, 4-H, National Charity League, sports leagues, musical theater,
- carry messages for a healthier environment through Sustainable Danville,
- support our largest employer–the excellent San Ramon Unified School District;
- create a Senior Center and invest in extensive senior programs that help others, celebrate activity, and make retirement a time to double your efforts for our community.
- support adult and high school programs that foster leadership, patriotism, the arts, and families.
- create financial and technological programs to support our thriving downtown businesses–by partnering with the Chamber, Discover Danville, and the Merchants Association.
- hold onto history through museums, heritage resource commission, and docent outings right here in Danville